RetailCare has a firm commitment to privacy in accordance with the Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government World Wide Websites issued by the Australian Privacy Commissioner. RetailCare is also required to comply with the requirements of the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. This statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this site.
- Information logged
- Electronic mail addresses
- On-line Subscription and Feedback Forms
- Links to other sites – If you are submitting personal information over the internet which you wish to remain private, please note that while all attempts are made to secure information transmitted to this site, users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet. If you prefer, you can contact us by phone or by email ([email protected]).This site does provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. While the risk of anyone intercepting and misusing information transmitted by email is usually very low, you should be aware that a determined individual with the right skills may be able to do this.
When you visit this site, our server logs information which is provided by your browser. This information is used to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, discover what information is most and least used, determine technical design specifications, and help us make our site more useful to visitors. The information logged is as follows:
- the type of browser you are using
- the date and time of your visit
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the address of the referring site
- your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet. Usually one of your service provider’s machines)
- the address of the pages accessed and any documents downloaded
- No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities unless disclosure is required by law or due to a mandatory requirement of a Court, Governmental Agency or Regulatory Authority. We use the information only for statistical analysis or systems administration purposes.
Electronic mail addresses
We will record your email address if you transmit it to us electronically, either in an email message or by joining our membership list. It will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it, and will not be added to a mailing list unless you request that this be done. We will not disclose it without your consent.
Subscription and Feedback forms
Some pages of this web site provide the facility for users to fill out an online form for the purpose of subscribing to a special service or to provide us with feedback about our web site. We will ask you to provide only enough personal information to fulfill that purpose. We will record it to facilitate follow up and for statistical analysis. Only authorised RetailCare staff will have access to this information.
Search terms that you enter when using our search engine are collected, but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms to ascertain what people are looking for at our site, and to improve the services that we provide.
Links to other sites
This site contains links to other sites. RetailCare is not responsible for the privacy practices of these web sites and has no knowledge of whether cookies or other tracking devices are used on linked sites. If you have any concerns regarding your privacy you should ensure you are aware of the privacy policies of those sites.